It’s Our Anniversary!
May 16th marks the one year anniversary of Empowered & Poised. It is time celebrate all that Empowered & Poised has accomplished over the past year.
I am happy to share that:
- Over 200 girls were reached through our after school programs and workshops.
- Nearly 100 women offered to share their deepest and most heartfelt stories through our weekly blog. Check them out HERE. If you do not receive our blogs and are interested, please click HERE to subscribe.
- The Empowered & Poised Community took part in nearly 15 engagements including workshops, after school programs, and community events.
- We were featured in 11 different media highlights including newspapers, blogs, social media, and even a podcast.
Here are just a few photos of the incredible souls who have shared in our journey:
A special thank you to every single person who has contributed in any way, shape, or form to this year’s success. I’m excited for what the future holds not only for Empowered & Poised as an organization, but for every individual who is a part of our community.
As the first anniversary of Empowered & Poised approaches, I want to share with you a little more about the lessons I’ve learned as an entrepreneur. First of all, I want to be completely frank in sharing that while this journey has been incredibly beautiful, it has also been incredibly difficult. Being an entrepreneur is NOT easy. I would be lying if I said there were only a couple times this past year that I doubted myself and my vision. Crazy to think that the woman who teaches young girls about confidence struggles herself, right? Well, believe it or not I have learned that this is just one reason I connect with the girls in my programs. I not only have an unwavering passion to help each individual that I come into contact with, but I can also empathize with them. Although, the following lessons have resonated specifically during my entrepreneurial journey, they can also be applied in just about any circumstance.
What I learned in my first year as an entrepreneur:
1. You must stay resilient in the face of adversity.
The challenges you face in life can certainly knock you down, but you CAN and WILL rise above. Never give up. You are strengthened in these difficult moments.
2. You must be patient.
It can be tough to be patient, especially when you put your best foot forward and still do not achieve the results you desire. Remember that even though you are a work in progress you are still beautiful, Empowered, & Poised in each moment. Practicing gratitude and appreciating the present can prevent you from wishing your life away.
3. You must find your passion and never let it go.
Always go back to the why. When you remember why you started it is easier to stay focused. For me, my passion is making a difference in the life of today’s youth and to positively impact our future generations.
4. You must surround yourself with a strong support system.
There is no way that I could have made it through this past year without my support system. I cannot stress enough how important it is to surround yourself with people who will continuously encourage you to keep moving forward. I have loved every minute of working towards building a supportive, inspiring, and Empowered & Poised community.
5. Above all, remember to always “Be You. Be Strong. Be Empowered & Poised.”
Never compromise who you are or what you value to please someone else. Not everyone will be your friend, audience, or customer. For this reason, it’s important to stay mentally, physically, and socially fit. Then you can keep running the race.
Ready, set, GO! And just like that we are on to year two.
Leah Alyssa <3